The Reasons for Burnout
Published on November 15, 2023 by Noah Bradley
Burnout is not necessarily a sign that you’re working too much
The problem might actually be one of these:
- You’re working on the wrong things. Meaningless projects or not enough personal work or whatever it might be.
- You’re not taking care of your physical health.
- You’re not taking mindful breaks that really recharge you (which is probably not scrolling on Twitter).
- There are other non-art issues in your life that you aren’t addressing. Problems with art don’t always have to do with art. Maybe your relationships are struggling right now?
- You’re comparing yourself to other people, to their work, and to their journey. This can motivate you in the right situation, but it can also sap you of any joy you might find in your own work.